News, Blogs, & Philanthropy

Your Employer Offers You More Money to Stay, Now What?

by. Mary Nutting The fastest growing demographic of job applicants are passive candidates. These candidates are gainfully employed, but their skills and experience make them attractive to other potential employers. Once a passive candidate makes the choice to take another position, there is potential for a unique situation. If this employee gives notice and is… Read More

Assessments: the Difference Between a Good Hire and a Bad Hire

By: Brian Johnson The best of hiring managers and human resource professionals will admit they have made a bad hire at one point in their careers. These bad hires can cost thousands of dollars. In recent study by Careerbuilder, 41% of companies say a bad hire has cost them at least $25,000; 25% of companies… Read More

Top 5 Requests from Passive Candidates

At CorTalent, we have thrived at recruiting passive candidates to succeed at new opportunities with our employer clients. When discussing opportunities with potential candidates, we are hearing some consistent questions and requests from these candidates during the qualifying process. These 5 requests are ones that can make the difference for an employed candidate to make a… Read More

The Most Important Recruiting Efforts You Are Not Doing

Recruiters have come a long way since the cold calls and Rolodex days. Job Board websites were introduced in the late 90’s making it the most efficient way to search for jobs in the new millennium. LinkedIn was introduced in 2003 with features for job posting added shortly after, it has been a hub for… Read More

Beyond the Salary: Understanding Compensation Packages

Money, Money, Money. Often when job seekers are looking for a new job, they concentrate on the money. But, when a recruiter calls with some initial questions about experience and qualifications, many candidates get stuck when asked, “What was your compensation at your last employer?”. Many times the response we hear is “Are you asking… Read More

5 Points in Preparing Your LinkedIn Profile for Your Next Job

Whether you are a Passive (currently employed) or Active (searching or unemployed) Candidate, here are 5 points to prepare your LinkedIn profile to land your next job. 1. Headline with Keywords There are two standards for a headline. a) Your job title and current employer b) Keywords that describe positions, industry, and expertise. While both… Read More

MN Recruiters Fall 2013 Conference: What Made an Impression

A majority of our team attended their first MN Recruiters Conference yesterday. The MN Recruiters organization has become one of the largest state recruiters organizations in the country. Jason Buss of MN Recruiters even touted this in his opening remarks,”…We have grown so much over the last few years, that we are able to attract… Read More

Ask Matt: Why do they want me to take an assessment test?

Star Tribune Originally published here – http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/187668011.html Dear Matt: I’ve been to a few interviews recently in which I had to complete an assessment test. I was not prepared for this. Why do companies use assessments, what are the most popular assessments out there, and what role do these play when companies hire? Matt says:… Read More

CorTalent certified by National Women Business Owners Corporation

CorTalent is proud to be a newly certified company by the NWBOC – National Women Business Owners Corporation. About the NWBOC: The National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) has led the way for women business owners to obtain WBE Certification. Created in 1995, NWBOC was established to increase competition for corporate and government contracts through… Read More

Ask Matt: Do recommendation letters really set me apart?

Star Tribune Originally published here – http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/168460386.html Dear Matt: In addition to my résumé and cover letter, I’ve been sending letters of recommendation from past employers and colleagues. Another thing I’ve been doing is emailing my performance reviews to employers as well as adding quotes from my LinkedIn profile to my résumé. Do these help… Read More